EKO abides by all applicable laws, rules, and requirements, with a particular focus on GDPR as a global standard for data & privacy.
Please Note: We may change or update our data and privacy policies from time to time. Any changes will be announced via updates to this page. This policy is effective from 31-March-2022.
The information contained on this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by EKO Instruments, and while we endeavour to keep everything up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage, including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website, you may link to other websites that EKO does not manage. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, EKO Instruments takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
All rights reserved
This website and its contents are copyright of EKO Instruments Co., LTD. 2022. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk, extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it on any other website or other accessible platforms.
- EKO reserves the right to rescind any previously issued permissions pertaining to EKO produced, owned, or copyrighted materials and branding at any time.
Accessing our site globally
This site is owned and operated by EKO Instruments Co., LTD. in Japan. However, information provided will be accessible to EKO subsidiaries and affiliates in other countries. If you are visiting this site from a country other than Japan, your communication with us will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international borders. The level of legal protection for personal information is not the same in all countries; however, we will take the security measures described in this Privacy Notice to keep your information secure. By using this site, you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your information in Japan and any country to which we may transfer your information in our business operations.
Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you, such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you register or subscribe with us, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, location, email address, and telephone number.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalise, and expand our website
- Understand and analyse how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
- Log Files
eko-instruments.com follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and are a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any personally identifiable information. The purpose of the data is to analyse trends, administer the site, track users' movement on the website, and gather demographic information.
Like any other website, eko-instruments.com uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information, including visitors' preferences and the website pages that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimise the users' experience by customising our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
You can choose to disable cookies through your browser options. You can also find out more about cookie management via the settings and information accessible via your specific web browser or browser provider.
Your rights under GDPR
As a global company, EKO is subject to various data and privacy rules and regulations, including, but not limited to, the 'California Consumer Privacy Act' (CCPA) and the 'Act on the Protection of Personal Information' (APPI) in Japan. For consistency, except where other regulations may exceed or supersede those stipulated, we abide by the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
As such, every user or subscriber is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation or directly to you under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please get in touch with us.
eko-instruments.com does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately, and we will promptly remove such information from our records.
Please get in touch with us if you have questions about this Privacy Notice or the Personal Information we collect about you. You can also opt-out or unsubscribe at any time via the online contact form.
You will need to include a detailed explanation of your request. For example, if you would like to delete, amend, or correct your Personal Information, please add 'Deletion Request' or 'Amendment/Correction Request' at the top of your message or in the subject field. We aim to respond to all reasonable requests promptly though we may need to confirm your identity further to process certain requests.